Monthly Archives: November 2011
FOR SALE: 1969 33’ Nauticat Sailboat/ MotorSailer
Located in the Florida Keys, Marathon (Key Colony Beach Marina)
Built by legendary Danish sailor and boat builder Klauss Baess, this classic 33’ 1969 Nauticat MotorSailer has a rich history sailing around the world, and remains as structurally sound today as when she was crafted in Copenhagen.
Fans of Baess will appreciate her stately design, complete with teak decks and mahogany superstructure and interior. The interior has been meticulously maintained, with the additions of new electronics and flat panel televisions.
This boat has played a big role in my life and I hate to see her go. However, I must sell and I can only hope someone who truly appreciates this craftsmanship of this boat will give take her in and give her the attention she deserves.
Boat comes with 8’ sailing dinghy, complete with outboard engine and oars.
- Engine: 4236 Perkins Diesel
- 120 Gallon Fuel Tank: 700 mile cruising range
- Sails upgraded in 1996, good condition (extra sails included)
- 1800 watt inverter/batter charger
- 80 Gallon Water Tank/on demand hot water
- Garmin GPS Map 180, Si-Tex CVS 106
- Autohelm Autopilot
- 2 Burner Stove
- Refrigerator, Microwave, Toaster Oven
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Stereo System, 2 Flat Panel TVs, DVD Player
- 2 A/C units, 110v (in hatch mount)
- Fore-cabin with single berth and lots of storage
- Main Salon dinette converts to double berth.
- Aft Cabin with double berth, lockers and wardrobe table
- Bathroom with shower and tub
I purchased the boat is 1989, cruising the Eastern Seaboard before settling down in the Florida Keys. Named “Zauberer” (formerly “Danica Joy”) she was custom built by Klaus Baess at Copenhagen on Nauticat 33’ hull in 1969. Before I owner her she sailed around the world, including from Africa to New York, where I purchased her.
John Dixon: 305-731-5312